Saturday 22 July 2023

Rose Garden

 

We had a sunny afternoon on Thursday, and then I went for a walk to the park in town - where the roses are now in bloom. Many of them did look a bit battered from all the heavy rain lately - but they do still offer a welcome splash of colour.




I also bought myself an ice cream at the ice cream café in the park. Mostly for a bit of "holiday feeling" as it was really almost too chilly to sit outdoors and eat ice cream.

 

I fed the Bing Image Creator a few variations of the theme "woman in rose garden eating ice cream" but wasn't impressed with any of the results. Just for fun, I'll show you some of the worst this time:

 

Top left: I started out with "Woman sitting on a park bench in a summery rose garden, eating ice cream from a beaker"... Have you ever seen anyone sitting in that position on a park bench?!

Top right: I added "cartoon style", and here I'm wondering 1/ what on earth is she holding? and 2/ why is the back of the bench twice as long as the seat?

Bottom left: I left out "beaker", and added "Picasso style". I don't think Picasso would have been happy - and what are those objects behind her on the bench?!

Bottom right: I tried Rembrandt instead, but I doubt he'd have been pleased either...

11 comments:

  1. Image Creator does come up with some very weird results doesn't it? You should see some of the images I have to discard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JayCee, I can't even see the images you're posting now as I can't access your new blog... Can't find a email address either so can only hope you subscribe to or come back for replies to comments here!

      Delete
    2. Oh, sorry! If you would like to join me just send an email to me at jcnobodyiom@gmail.com and I can add you to my blog subscribers.
      Hope to see you there!

      Delete
  2. It's good for a laugh, if for nothing else, Monica :-D
    The real rose garden is beautiful. I can never decide which I like most, all colours and shapes are beautiful. But of course I am somewhat partial to yellow roses, especially if they have a certain "creamy-ness" about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, there are many different kinds (and colours) of roses in this area of the park. Not all of them were at their best just now - and I was only able to take close-ups of some growing along the edges.

      Delete
  3. I like the roses in your city park and all their colors. I have not tried image maker, some of the results are weird like the long back to one of the benches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, I'm not overly impressed with that image creator, so far... ;)

      Delete
  4. The last roses, with the deep peach color, are my favorite. They are gorgeous! I like the Rembrandt one, I think it is kind of pretty. But who knows what is going on with the sitting backwards on a bench!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite roses are the last photo too - also my favourite colour. The red ones will stand out well in a crowd.
    That first photo is really weird, but then they all are! It really makes you wonder how life will evolve when finally AI takes over, and the images produced are accepted as the norm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, so far I'd say that AI will have to learn to do a lot better to make its images really "believable".

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...