Wednesday 26 July 2023

Taking the Camera for a Walk (1)

 

Some threatening clouds in the sky today; but checking my mobile hour-by-hour weather app it seemed the risk of rain was low until later in the afternoon - so I decided to take my 'proper' camera for a walk downtown for a change. (It hasn't got much exercise since I got my new mobile back in the spring.) Above is a view from the footbridge over the railway quite close to home (looking east). Next is the view looking in the other direction.

I continued to focus on the sky on my walk downtown. This triangular glass building is the head office of a Swedish fashion company (Gina Tricot, founded here in Borås in 1997).

 


Zooming in the tower of the17th century church


And further away, the tower of our largest church (early 20th c) is also sticking up over the roof tops.


I also popped in for a quick visit to this crafts shop (situated in the white building with the red roof seen in photo No 4). They also have an exhibition room where different artists present their works for a few weeks or so in a row. Just now, there was an exhibition focusing on recycling and upcycling clothes and textiles.
(I only had a look this time, did not buy anything.)

 

Continuing along the river, I noticed some colourful tarpaulins / coverings put up on the other side (which I've not seen there before). 

I decided to cross a bridge to investigate... But you'll have to wait until my next post to find out what I found on the other side! :)


8 comments:

  1. Oooh, a mystery!! I am looking forward to find out what you found on the other side.
    Good sky pictures, Monica.
    And I am all for upcycling and recycling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, I like the idea of that too, but am not very good at textile craft myself.

      Delete
  2. I think the last photo is my favorite, it is beautiful! Plus the closeup of the green church tower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, it's one of my favourite views, but without that temporary rainbow-coloured additon...

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos. I like the idea of recycling and upcycling - not something done here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, we're a textile city, so that theme keeps popping up quite a lot.

      Delete
  4. now i see the odd shaped building and the rainbow fence, i ruined the mystery by reading the other post first. agree with Ginny, love the last photo best. all are great, and I enjoy sky pictures with other things in the skyline or photo. these are perfect and i like that fashion building

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, the rounded building is an old factory, nowadays there are offices and I think also flats on top.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...