Thursday 27 July 2023

Taking the Camera for a Walk (2)

 

Picking up where I left off in yesterday's post... What's hiding behind those rainbow coloured "curtains"? They weren't there last time I passed this way - so I crossed the bridge to go and explore... 


These were the first objects that met my eye behind the curtain.

 

Not every day you see a big disco ball hanging next to a bird house in a tree dressed in silky fabric... (If you look closely, you can see my reflection in the ball, taking the photo.)

 

 

Strange mix of rustic and attempts at "glamour", but it's beginning to dawn on me that the place must be used (or have been used) as some kind of temporary outdoors restaurant... But obviously not all the time, as things were stowed away in such a disorderly mess.


When I got back home I did some online research; and yes, it does seem to be a temporary outdoors night club open only in connection wtih certain special summer weekend events in the city centre. Myself, I'm never out and about in the evenings, and haven't been by that way in the daytime either just lately... So it has escaped my attention until now.

Can't say I long to be sitting there on a Saturday night with loud music and whatnot in the background - but interesting enough for an unexpected daytime photo adventure... ;-)

PS. My Sony camera ran out of battery somwhere in the middle, so some of the photos were taken with my phone camera after all.


10 comments:

  1. Not somewhere I'd want to go either - but yes, in my long-ago youth! I thought perhaps it was a funky art installation, but a temporary nightclub makes sense to enjoy the warmer nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I guess parts of it can be seen as a "funky art installation" - those bicycles attached to the fence for example can hardly have any practical use...!

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you foudn out what it was, it was killing my curiosity bump trying to think of what it was. i thought wedding or private party, the disco ball should have been my clue. outdoor nightclub, i be the noise in that neighborhood was loud. I love the odd shaped building. I would have had to cross the street also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, the whole "mess" felt a bit surreal at first, but the disco ball + chains of light bulbs hanging from the trees gave me a clue as well ;-)

      Delete
  3. It looks like a fun place if you like that kind of thing. With the right music and a good set of friends, I guess it makes for a good night out - provided it remains dry and warm enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, "if you like that kind of thing" is probably an important part of it... and the weather as well! As this whole month of July has been mostly wet, windy and rather chilly, that has me wondering how it has all worked out for them, this year! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Goodness. I was so sure this was an event in the making about the history of the fabric building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good idea, Ginny. You should be on our city's event planning committee! ;)

      Delete
  5. I would've investigated too. At first I thought maybe it's a setup for a tv commercial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, that's something I've never come across here so that would have surprised me more, I think...!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...