Sunday 16 July 2023

Buddy Bears

 

A couple of months ago I got a bear card sent to me by one of my blogging friends who has also become a "penpal". The bear on the card looked very much like my "buddy bear" - so I put the card on display next to him, and took these photos, with the intention of blogging about them. I didn't get around to blogging part until now, though.

The Buddy Bears is/was the name of an international art project with exhibitions that went on tour in many countries; including Borås, Sweden in December 2012. I blogged about The Advent of the Buddy Bears back in December 2012. Towards the end of that exhibition I also bought My Very Own Bear - an unpainted miniature copy that came with six mini jars of paint and a brush, for you to paint it yourself. Which I did... Later, I entrusted it with the job of holding my most recently received Postcrossing cards, until I store those away elsewhere. 

Oops, I almost forgot:  I also just tested what the Bing Image Creator would make of the instruction "buddy bear holding up postcards". This is the one I liked best:



 

 

8 comments:

  1. Before I even started reading, I noticed how beautiful his stomach is. And YOU did it! You really have talent! And he is a perfect match to the card as well, they look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. I used to paint a bit of water colour back in the 1990s (attended a few summer classes) but an accident followed by lingering neck/arm pain made it hard (and less fun) to keep that up. With the digital camera and blogging I shifted focus to photography instead.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Ginny, did not know you could paint scenery like on his tummy. he is a cutie. Really cute bear on the card and AI did really well. I noticed AI doesn't know very much, just what we say. like did not know what a post card is or looks like, bear was easy and he got a teddy bear, not a real bear. hummmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, the other three AI images had better "postcards" but this was the cutest bear, and also the most convincing "holding" of the cards.

      Delete
  3. You clearly have inherited your mother‘s artistic talent, Monica. And Buddy Bear looks happy next to his picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, what artistic talent I have is probably mainly inherited from my mum's side of the family, yes - and her dad was "artistic" as well. (My own dad was creative too, but more focused on practical use - he was an engineer by trade.)

      Delete
  4. Well the image creator got the bear right - he looks cute and cuddly. Love your hand-painted Bear - it's very professionally done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol :) And I think if I came across that teddy bear in the AI image (in the right size) I'd be tempted to buy it

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...