Thursday 28 December 2023

Snow, Slush, Rain, Ice - and Repeat...

 




I used my 'proper' camera yesterday to play with some more close-ups of the Amaryllis that I bought just before Christmas (then not yet in bloom). From the label attached to it, I thought I was buying another red one... But it turned out white!

Not much happening here besides Weather - which on the other hand keeps "happening" a lot just now, as in shifting frequently between snow, rain and ice. This morning I woke up to lots of snow on the ground again; but a few hours later we're back to heavy rain and +4°C. But if/when the temperature drops again, it will quickly be back to dangerously icy... And alas it looks likely to continue like that (back and forth) at least over the next week or so.

Luckily I'm usually at liberty to choose for myself when to venture out or not. Yesterday turned out sunny (and cold), so I actually did get out for a short walk while waiting for my 2nd load of laundry to dry (in a drying cabinet in the common laundry room). Having seen the weather forecasts for today, I decided I'd better stock up on some fresh fruit from a small greengrocer's shop just some 5-7 minutes walk away... And this morning, I was glad I did! (A lot less tempting to go out at all today.)


4 comments:

  1. Yup I know what you mean by rain, it feels like Summer is only here in bits and pieces so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you do go out be extra careful, it is only take a split second to ruin your life for months. I remember when Rose slid on the icy front porch to her house and it took a year to get over the mess it made of her foot/ankle. the white is pretty and i like the macro.. red would be better for your icy days but the white is gorgeous too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow and ice gone today. Was able to go for a 1 hr walk during a break in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly like the middle picture.

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...