Saturday 23 December 2023

White Christmas (?)

We had a snowy start to December; then for the 3rd Advent weekend the snow went away, but now it's back. Thursday and Friday were a mix of snowy and slushy, then it got really cold last night so today has been treacherously icy again. We also got to see the Sun today though (I don't even remember when it was I last saw blue sky) - so I did go out for a walk after lunch. But it was very slippery, so I had to walk very slowly, and with my trekking poles for support. And only stopped once for photos!



Forecasts for tomorrow warn us that temperatures will be rising again, and there may be more snow, or rain, or both. Judging by how slippery it was today already, close to home, I don't think I will be going very far (or may not even go out at all).


Barbie and Skipper went on an outing "across the living room" to admire the Big (all is relative!) Christmas tree. But then went back home again to settle down and wrap some last minute Christmas presents. (Whether they are aware that Santa is waiting up on their roof, I'm not quite sure!)

12 comments:

  1. It looks very festive. I hope you enjoy your Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie and Skipper are perfect of the tiny tree, they are the right proportion size wise and could be full sized humans by their giant tree and dressed for the outside slippery sidewalks. be sure to lend them your poles. love your tiny tree, it is much like mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie and Skipper had a nice outing! That tree is enormous for them - imagine one that is more than twice as high as yourself, or three times (if you're Skipper).
    I am sure they will love their presents, and I love how they have been company all year.
    We're still getting the last bits of storm Zoltan here. The rain let up long enough for me to go for an almost 2-hour-walk, but it is raining again as we speak.
    Way too warm for snow and ice, which is good for anyone who travels (like I will be doing tomorrow).
    Merry Christmas, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meike. Yes, for Barbie and Skipper that tree seems more the size of an outdoors tree (like in the town square) - which is why I decided they needed to dress warm for the outing... ;-) ... We have a saying in Swedish that in English would translate to something like "return to childhood (in one's old age)", I guess I'm entering that stage, playing with dolls again! (LOL)

      Delete
  4. Good to hear you walked slowly with your poles, you never know when you might slip over. Merry Christmas btw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, and Merry Christmas to you, too! :-) It's been thawing again since yesterday afternoon, and today the streets are ice-free again. But dull and grey and windy, so not really tempting to go out anyway...

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas Monica - have a lovely day. The snow makes everywhere look so festive.
    Today we have cold weather - it's only 16ÂșC - blue sky and sunny but with a cold wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too, Carol. Christmas Eve here started out white, cold and icy, but turned grey, slushy and rainy in the afternoon. Today +5°C and all the snow is gone.

      Delete
  6. Writing this comment 10 or so days after the post was written I admire the fact that you still make the effort. to have Christmas decorations etc. At the time you wrote it I had no thoughts of any decorations at all. I only did something when the family Christmas lunch was cancelled and I shared the day with a friend Chez Moi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I enjoy putting up my Advent/Christmas decorations in December whether I'm going to have guests or not. It's an antidote to the darkness - and nowadays also something to blog about! ;-)

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...