Saturday 6 July 2024

Perspectives

Again I managed a walk between showers - but today with more threatening clouds hovering. As it might start raining again at any time, I just set out on a random short stroll around the nearby cemetery as usual - but then it occurred to me to try and capture some of different perspectives I get of the tallest building in my neighbourhood (20 storeys high, and so far also the tallest building in the whole town), depending on where I see it from. (I call it the Tower.)

Looking at it from among the trees on the cemetery, situated up on a hill across the river from the the Tower) I only see the top floors sticking up - and sometimes not even those.

From another viewpoint in the cemetery, I see it together with a newer building closer to the city centre, which I think is "only" 18 storeys (but wider).


From down below, and having crossed the river.


 From the other side - now there is that other tall building in the background to the right.



Seen from a park down below by a dam and waterfall in the river.


Back up on the bridge, and turning around, this is the view that those with balconies facing south will be enjoying. (And that view of course must be stretching even further from the top floors.)

(The tall red building at the back in the middle of the photo is one of those newly renovated ones that I showed in yesterday's post. There are lower red brick buildings in front of them.)


The cemetery is situated uphill on the opposite side of the river to the Tower.


I could not recall when it was that "the Tower" was built, but searching my own blog for the word highrise gave me the answer - it was around ten years ago, 2013 - 2014

The years fly by... 


8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely combination of nature and modern buildings!! You have your choice of what kind of landscape you want to walk in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, considering that I can't go very far, I'm thankful to still have some choices.

      Delete
  2. I like these, all of them, and that is a lot of different perspectives. it can be seen from all over your town, but looks different each time.. we have a building that can be seen from different places, it is right in the middle of downtown. I am now wondering what it looks like from different places. I stay away from there because the place I used to wander is so crowded there is no parking place except in the huge parking garages with 5 floors. I don't do parking garages. love all these photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, parking garages will soon be almost the only choice in our city centre as well, as they keep building on more and more old parking lots, and turning more and more streets into pedestrian streets only. As you know, I don't have a car and don't drive now, but I'm no fan of parking garages either - often hard to maneuver in there + when one is alone it can also feel a bit scary to go in/out on one's own.

      Delete
  3. Although I would not be too keen on living in a multi-storey block of flats myself, the well managed ones certainly have their advantages, and from your photos it is obvious that they also have a special aesthetic value.
    What is "tower" in Swedish? You probably know that it's "Turm" in German.
    Here, a high rise is simply called Hochhaus ("high house").

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meike, tower in Swedish = "torn", the tower = "tornet". (Just my nickname for this particular building to distinguish it from the other high rise buildings = "höghus". I don't know if others call it that as well.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not surprised to discover two more similar terms in our languages :-)

      Delete
    2. Our languages have a lot in common, Meike. It's the grammar that is the tricky bit in both directions, I think!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...