Thursday 29 March 2012

Slow Mowtion

CIMG7680

Yes that ‘w’ in mowtion is intentional.

If you don’t know what you’re looking at in the picture, it’s a robotic lawn mower.

And if you could see me, you’d still be seeing me in kind of robotic slow motion. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, please go back to the post Trying to Focus Tuesday. I’m still really bothered by my eyes. I still get occasional light flashes if I move my head too fast (although less now than a few days/nights ago) and the new ‘cloud’ in my left eye is really irritating. I keep wanting to take the glasses off and polish them about every 15 seconds but of course that does not help.

In fact I feel a lot like that machine in the photo, whereever I go just now I seem to be bumping into my own limitations which don’t let me ignore them; and every now and then I withdraw to my “corner”=bed to lie still, close my eyes and reload my batteries.

Luckily I have an interesting audio book going and two more waiting, which should get me through the weekend I hope.

Watching TV also works if I keep to programs where I don’t need to concentrate too much visually. (I tried watching figure-skating but no, no, no, no… )

Also have to limit my computer time as things are just now. However, I read emails and some blogs on my phone (but might not comment as much as usual).

PS. By the way - if you have your blog settings on “show mobile template on mobile devices” that makes it easier for people to check your blog on their iPhones and Androids etc. Just mentioning it, because before I got my own Android phone last summer I never even noticed there was such an option or had any idea what it meant. You’ll find it under Settings - Email & Mobile.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'm so sorry this is bothering you so much, and nothing they can do for it? After this last attack, maybe it will start to settle down. The lawn mower is cute, we have ones like this that vacum the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear your eye is still worrying you. It must be such a bother!

    I'd love to have one of those lawn mowers, might have to improve my fence, though - it might escape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor you, i can't even imagine how frustrating this must be for you. my question on the lawn mower, is how many people have their lawns contained? if we had one it would run all over the neighbors and out in the street. i will fix my blog, i saw the setting but thought it was not for me since i don't have a phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about details but I think these lawn mowers come with some sort of electric wire that you put around the area where you want it to go. So I don't think it would be able to "escape" ;) - Your blog looks just fine on my phone, I think you have already got the mobile settings.

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...