Today felt like the first day of Autumn, because:
1. My alarm clock was on in the morning.
2. I needed a jacket and an umbrella.
3. The air smelled of rain and – autumn.
4. I went back to my regular training in the Rehab pool, which opened again today after 5 weeks ‘summer holidays’ break.
5. When I got back home I found that my usual daytime TV ‘soap’ (British Emmerdale) was also back on after a summer break.
In other words: Back to Weekly Routines!
Not sure I feel like I’ve really had a Summer Holiday, though.
On the other hand, I have to remind myself it’s not quite like I’m going back to Work, either. Aside from the limitations that are the reason why I’m in early retirement… I still have a lot of freedom.
The picture above is of a piece of artwork on the wall in one of the hospital corridors I walk through to get to the rehab center.