Tuesday 19 July 2022

Linköping - Views and Murals

Friday, 8 July (continued): We arrived in Linköping at bit later in the afternoon than planned; and to complicate things, the way to our hotel in the city centre turned out to be a puzzling labyrinth of one-way and pedestrian streets. But eventually we managed to both get checked in at the hotel and then find the way out again, to the part of town where our aunt and uncle live.

They have a flat in this very tall building
- high up among the tree tops!


Our aunt took us out on a walk and showed us the surroundings, with paths she often walks along a little river - and some impressive murals under a bridge...

... and I got to meet Aslan! :-)

Lots of yellow water lilies in the river.

This strange "birdcage" (or rather, "tree-cage") up on a hill also caught my attention - so we went up to it for a closer look.

 
 

We also got to see a view of the whole city from another hill in the neighbourhood.

 

See the tower sticking up to the far left? That belongs to the cathedral, situated within walking distance from our hotel. So the next morning, we made time to go and have a look at that before we left. (Coming up in my next post.)
 

12 comments:

  1. the view is spectacular and I love the view from their balcony. the lion is beyond amazing and you give it perspective as to the size of the mural. the underside of the bridge is a place I would have been enthralled with and snapped myself silly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I did quite a lot of "madsnapping" myself :)

      Delete
  2. But no explanation as to why the tree is in a cage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara - A work of art rather than serving a practical purpose, I think!

      Delete
  3. A selfie with Aslan! Love it!!
    Your aunt looks fit and stylish, all that walking must be good for her.
    Views above a city are special, aren‘t they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike, that view from above did confirm that Linköping is a larger city than both Karlstad and Borås (which was also our impression when trying to find our way around down there...) ;-)

      Delete
  4. The lion steals the show, of course, from anything and anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duta, as a Narnia fan, I can only agree :)

      Delete
  5. I can't wait till your next post now! They live in a gorgeous place! And the murals are so stunning, what a talented artist this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, alas I did not get the name of the artist. (If there was a signature somewhere, my camera missed it.)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Graham, so was I. And I kind of suspect that was the purpose!

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...