Friday 25 August 2017

Postcards for the Weekend – Patterns

Maria’s chosen postcard theme for this weekend is Patterns & Prints.

Flickering through my postcrossing cards from last year, some “owl patterns” stood out for me:

160404 RU-4556888

From Russia, April 2016. Card printed in Finland.


160530 FR-687164

From France, May 2016.


160607 CZ-924696

From Czech Republic, June 2016.

160601 FI-2725425

From Finland, June 2016

Whoo-hoo there… Are you an early bird or a night owl? Winking smile 
I’m neither, really. More like the owl on the right, both in the early morning and late in the evening!

Postcards for the Weekend

Postcards for the Weekend 50: Patterns & Prints


10 comments:

  1. France and Finland are my favorites. The french one looks embellished! But maybe it is just a very realistic painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginny, some of the details on that card are printed in "gold", to which the scanner does not do full justice :)

      Delete
  2. Owls, definitely one of my favorite critters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these, I used to collect owls, for many years. but now have none. but I still love them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I have owls on my "favourites" list on Postcrossing; which is why my collection keeps growing... :)

      Delete
  4. I love all these owls (a favourite of mine, as well). I forgot to post something for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owl is a personal favorite! I love that postcard from France. Very nice embellishments on those two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been investigating my hordes of post cards collected (ie not thrown away) over the last many decades. It's something I've never really looked at before for some reason. I'm glad that I've kept them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I joined postcrossing, I just "kept" a lot of cards rather than "collected" them, too...

      Delete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...