Monday 2 January 2012

New Year’s Eve: Mosaic and Macro

2011-12-33

New Year’s Eve I spent with basically the same little group of friends for the 12th year in a row; gathered in my home. (Five of us this year.) None of them like it much when I get my camera out - and myself I have to confess I prefer it behind the camera rather than in front of. But I think I might dare a little résumé in the form of two collages and a macro.

CIMG6637-1

The end of an old year: The initially carefully laid tables have somehow mysteriously turned into a mess of dirty dishes, empty bottles, and litter to be thrown away. Whatever happened?!

One friend’s eyes grew big when she saw me pointing my camera at my empty plate… What was I taking photos of NOW?!

And that after we had just watched a film - Everlasting Moments - with fascination with photography and catching the moment as one of the main themes…

But she must be excused, I guess… Not being a blogger! Winking smile

2011-12-31 New Year's Eve2

Quarter past New Year: Waiting for the banging of fireworks to die down outside, so as not to be hit by something  (or going deaf) on the way to the parking lot… No snow this year to soften the sounds, so it was really LOUD!

Ah well. They say everything started with a Big Bang, don’t they?

So now we just have to see how the rest of the year develops!

---

Mosaic Monday at Mary’s Little Red House

Macro Monday at Lisa’s Chaos

11 comments:

  1. People do have a tendency to look at us strangely, especially when macro work is involved. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. and the photo of the empty plate is my favorite of today. but then, most of us would have done the same thing. your home looks festive and lovely and your teapot and cups are beautiful and nothing better than friends on a holiday. love the teapot header, spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely time on New Years Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful time! I often find myself taking photos of empty plates too. Before I'm too busy enjoying ; )!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun pics! ;^)

    Love the aftermath photo of the plate. ;^D

    All the best to you for the new year!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a good time. I enjoyed the film Everlasting Moments. I shall try and get it out from the DVD hire shop again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you'd seen it Graham - you must have forgotten to tell me! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the movie recommendation! Your evening looks like it was wonderful!...and an empty plate is evidence!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Times! - Fun photo's. Had to laugh because I took (food) photo's and my mom was like, "Quit taking pictures of everything."

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Communication is what makes blogging fun :)
... but all spam or suspected spam will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...